Join OhIPL’s Advocacy and Justice work
To address the devastating consequences of climate change, we need to change our personal habits and speak out on public policy affecting the environment.
Advocacy = speaking or acting on behalf of yourself or another person or cause.
- Our Advocacy is grounded in the religious tenets of caring for our neighbor and the most vulnerable, protecting Creation, and preserving the planet for generations to come.
- We advocate for policies that support energy conservation, clean energy, clean air and water, and ecojustice.
- We advocate for programs that combat the devastating consequences of climate change.
- We advocate by working collaboratively towards change that matters in the lives of people and cares for creation.
- We advocate from a foundation of awareness, love, and compassion–relying on faith and affirming the religious dimensions of our shared life.
OhIPL’s is an advocate for climate action by:
- sharing the religious voice in policies addressing climate change (Clergy sermons and OpEds, Letters to the Editors, display booths at events, speakers in churches and community forums);
- communicating the religious response to climate change to the public, faith leaders, government officials and elected representatives;
- and supporting and informing one another on our efforts (action alerts, conference calls, webinars, workshops).
Join OhIPL Justice and Advocacy. Help Ohio respond to climate change!
Go to our Contact Us page and indicate your interest in Advocacy/Action Alerts.
We look forward to your involvement.